Help installing LW920 Boiler Switch

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Help installing LW920 Boiler Switch

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  madlou 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     LogiBear says:

LogiBear
    Participant

I’ve swopped thermostat’s before, but my recently purchased LightwaveRF LW920 Boiler Switch has me scratching my head. My thermostat controls my hot water and my heating. The current Thermostat has the obvious neutral and live wires, and then wires leading into terminals marked Domestic Hotwater On and Heating On. Which terminals should these two wires connect to on my LW920 boiler switch ?

My attempts to understand the Normally Open, Common and Normally Closed terminal arrangement has left me with a head ache. So any assistance would be gratefully received.

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

My understanding (as I haven’t fitted the boiler switch, but was going to so read up on the wiring diagrams etc) The LWRF boiler switch will only control 1 channel eg heating, if you want to control 2 channels eg hot water as well you need another relay / switch

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     madlou says:

madlou
    Participant

You will need the LW920 for the Heating, and maybe a LW934 for the Hot Water. I have just completed this myself.

For the LW920 – I followed Adam123s advice here – http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk/forums/topic/sorry-but-some-help-needed-on-boiler-switch-installation-long-post/#post-22802

For the LW934, the layout is different, but I followed the same principles.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.