This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     Matt says:

Matt
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt and I’ve just picked up a couple of LWRF modules to try and convert my current X10 based LV halogen setup to something a bit more ’21st century’.

One thing I’m slowly getting my head around is how to create an equivalent function to running multiple X10 modules on the same address, I know I can pair up to six controllers to a receiver but I’m not 100% sure how it works the other way around. For instance with X10 I could have two transmitters sending on/off/dim on an address, say D5, and three dimmers and an on/off relay listening on that same address.

With LWRF would I just pair three transmitters with each of the dimmers and relays in turn? On the same button? Or do I need a mood controller for multi-unti control using a single button?

Hope that makes sense :)

Regards,
    Matt

Lighting: LWRF LED strips, In-line dimmers, In-line relays and Plug-in modules, Inputs: Master mood switch, Magnetic door sensors, Handheld remote, Controller: Domoticz running on Raspberry Pi with RFXCom. Plus recently a stack of Z-Wave units!
     Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

With LightwaveRF the receiver (i.e. the plug in module, dimmer etc) learns the ID from the transmitting device (the remote control). It can learn up to six different addresses. I guess the X10 analogy would be that you would set the remote to D5, set the plug in module to learn mode and then transmit D5. All devices in learn mode at the time will receive the code D5 and then respond to it in future. Each receiver can therefore be controlled by up to six transmitters but a transmitter can control an unlimited number of receivers. What you can’t do is change the transmitter ID so unlike X10 where you could have two remotes on one code, each LightwaveRF remote has its own code so two remotes mean you have used two of your six slots. Where this is confused slightly is if you are using the WiFi link. You can have up to six phones talking to the WiFi link, but because it is this acting as a remote it will only use up one slot. Effectively this means you can have six phones and five other remotes all controlling a device. Does that make sense?

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     Matt says:

Matt
    Participant

Thanks Chris!

Yes that helps a lot. What i’m trying to do does sounds possible so I’ll carry on testing the modules and await new stock of the inline dimmers which will be key to my setup.

Cheers,
    Matt

Lighting: LWRF LED strips, In-line dimmers, In-line relays and Plug-in modules, Inputs: Master mood switch, Magnetic door sensors, Handheld remote, Controller: Domoticz running on Raspberry Pi with RFXCom. Plus recently a stack of Z-Wave units!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.