Has there been a firmware update?

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Has there been a firmware update?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  btidey 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     bulletprooffool says:

bulletprooffool
    Participant

My LWRF Link has suddenly just stopped working.
    It’s a first gen unit with the LCD display.

All of a sudden, I get nothing on screen, I get no network connection and all that happens is a blue light flashes on the front.

Anyone got any ideas?
    I have a fully automated home (All lighting, AV etc) is voice controlled – a simply Alexa scan returns over 80 devices, but the recent LWRF updates have been killing me.
    I am not really dependent on the IOS app, since I have various other methods of communicating with my LWRF kit, but I can’t deal with the inconsistency,

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

My LW500 link is still operational on U294D which I think has been the version for a while.

I think it checks for a firmware update on power on and then several times a day.

I don’t think there is an option to turn off firmware updates, although there is a mode that allows disconnecting from the cloud which probably stops the check although it effectively makes the device useless for remote / Alexa operation. I think I might do this for a while until it is better known what may be going on.

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

Good to see from the other thread that this was not a firmware issue but PSU. So safe to reconnect again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.