Harmony Elite

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lonebaggie 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
     evil_moses says:

evil_moses
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve just bought a Harmony Elite, thinking in my stupidity that it would work with LightwaveRF out of the box. LightwaveRF doesn’t appear to be supported despite the remote being RF. Has anyone got this remote and found a way to control light switches with the remote control?

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

I can’t see anything in the description of the Elite about it having RF capabilities; only Bluetooth, WiFi and IR.
    It does mention IFTTT so that might be an avenue for you.

evil_moses says:

evil_moses
    Participant

I’m led to believe the remote talks to the hub via RF, but this is not how I would imagine it would work. The hub is of course connected to the network and can issue commands to other smart products so wondering why it cannot issue Lightwave commands? :(

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

IFTTT would have been a good method but currently I believe it only works so send actions to Harmony not to receive triggers when the remote is used. A lot of people have been asking for this but I don’t think it has happened yet.

Currently, I think the method is to capture some Harmony hub action in a gateway that transforms it to a lightwaverf command.

See, for example
    https://mikemacd.wordpress.com/2016/03/07/howto-controlling-lightwaverf-lights-with-a-raspberry-pi-flirc-and-logitech-harmony-one-ir-remote/,

lonebaggie says:

lonebaggie
    Participant

I Use a harmony Elite to control a lightwaverf dimmer using HA-Bridge and a Raspberry PI

https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge/blob/master/README.md

see this thread

http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk/forums/topic/amazon-echo-dot/

Basically HA-Bridge pretends to be a Phillip Hue. You can add Harmony and LightwaveRF devices to it. So Amazon Echo and Harmony believes Lightwaverf are Philips hue and can then control them directly. I have setup the lightwaverf dimmers and sockets directly on the harmony elite remote via HA-Bridge . However I find it much quicker to use Echo , as I am always searching for the remote :) . You can also use Lightwaverf into Harmony activities.

Harmony and Lightwaverf are lighting quick via echo as it a direct connection , not cloud to cloud and you don’t need to ask Alex ask harmony , just alexa turn on TV, Alex turn on living room lights etc

I can supply config and setup if you want ?

evil_moses says:

evil_moses
    Participant

Thanks for that reply, I’ll take a look. I had really hoped that a £250 remote would mean I didn’t have to tinker with stuff anymore. It’s hub is connected to my WiFi, so why can Logitech not just add support to send LightwaveRF commands, like they do for Hue etc? It’s not as if LightwaveRF is a small market…..

lonebaggie says:

lonebaggie
    Participant

LIghtwaverf use a propriety not standard API to talk to the WIFI and propriety 443 signal to talk to the devices. They are also introducing a new standard on the 3rd of October . Wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for Logitech to support a propriety superseded API. :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.