HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  cndawes 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
     Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

The LightwaveRF Community is ONE YEAR OLD TODAY…

Happy Birthday everyone and thanks for making this the vibrant community it is! Here are some pointless stats courtesy of Google Analytics:

135,937 visits from
    56,079 unique visitors accounting for
    609,755 page views

Site traffic continues to grow. Between 10th Dec 2012 and 9th Jan 2013 the site had 4,025 visits. Most of which would have been redirects from the old JSJS hosted site at lightwaverfforum.net. I thought that was pretty impressive at the time but compare that to 17,959 visits in the month between 10th Nov 2013 and yesterday.

Once again, thank you all for making this community what it is. I’m always open to suggestions and requests and would love to hear what works for you, what doesn’t and what you would like me to provide, but please bear in mind running this site is a hobby and the minister for interior affairs moans when I spend too much time in front of the computer… ;-)

Chris

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

Chris,

Thanks for running this!

Regards
    Simon

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

…plus not just Happy Birthday but Happy Christmas and here is to a LightwaveRF controlled central heating system in the New Year!

Seriously though, the forum has been a source of helpful information despite one or two promoting what they perceive as their own special abilities.

I am well into my second year of having Lightwave products in the house and have no complaints. All light switches are now Lightwave, many devices are although I prefer plug-ins to the sockets. Yes I have had the odd issue but nothing that has not been surmountable. LightwaveRF behind the scenes have always been exceptionally helpful. Beta testing the new iPhone app gave some problems but if you agree to be a beta tester then don’t expect perfection as the software is developed. Currently all runs smoothly with the beta version on my iPhone and the released version on my iPad.

Criticisms. Yes, the heating controls are long overdue but to give the LighwaveRF team some credit whilst they could have released product earlier they have been more concerned at ensuring all works as it should and ignored the flack.

…and the lady of the manor says “What’s wrong with a normal light switch?” !! Ah, but she now appreciates switching the Christmas tree lights on without getting her bum out of the chair!

Thanks Chris for your dedication to the forum.

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

Thanks from me, I am an infrequent contributor, but the times I have asked a question, I get good sound advice. The Heating Controls is what got me into LightwaveRF over a year ago, because I could see the huge savings possible by being able to control each radiator independantley, I even asked for Xmas money last year to purchase the products, and get asked where are they by the people who donated!
    I like the simplicity of the products, and its an overall nice looking solution rathar than bits of boards etc, and more likely to get support for when things do go wrong.

Chris thanks for the forum and the upkeep, one suggestion would be to seperate the technical questions people have regarding how to wire things up, problem solving from the new equipment status / general moans therefore if people want to help they can look in the appropriate section.

Merry Xmas, and hope the New Year is full of Thermostats

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     Colin says:

Colin
    Participant

Congratulations, Chris-and LightwaveRF!
    I stumbled upon this product and this forum by accident and have never looked back. I am not a techie but the advice and assistance I have been given from this site have been excellent.
    I have five rooms, plus landing and porch lights operating LightwaveRF…

At present, I am down with the lurgi and in bed, I can remote control the lights, kettle and TV (have to turn it on at the point) whilst The Memsahib is out shopping.
    Next phase depends on Megaman distributing more products next year!
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! And Thank You…

wesleyelder says:

wesleyelder
    Participant

Great work everyone! Thanks for all the help Chris!

9 x 1 Gang Dimmer, 3 x Plug-In On/Off Sockets, 1 x Wi-Fi Link, 6 x Door Sensor, 3 x Mood Switch, 3 x Wireless Switch, 2 x PIR, 2 x Relay. Non Lightwave, 1 x RXFCOM, 1 x Raspberry PI, 3 x THN132N, 1 x OWL CM160. RFXcmd.py, php, apache, javascript, siri proxy, Arduino Remote.. Working on a pebble app...
     cndawes says:

cndawes
    Participant

Thank you Chris!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Chris

Chris works as a techie for a large IT service provider. He is a geek at heart and loves nothing more than trying to automate his home. The problem is, his wife simply doesn't get it and can't understand why they can't have 'normal' lights like everyone else! Chris is dedicated therefore to implementing automation in a family friendly way.

View all posts by