"Handmade to Measure" Spam Email

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > The Lounge > "Handmade to Measur…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums The Lounge "Handmade to Measure" Spam Email

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mmcnamee 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     ScubyD says:

ScubyD
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone else received an email today from “Handmade to Measure” trying to sell curtains and things? I did, and it came to an email address I’ve only ever used for Lightwave stuff (which means either the Lightwave.com or Lightwave.co.uk website, or some other place that is specifically to do with Lightwave). Sadly I used the same email for a couple of websites which means I can’t specifically pinpoint who it is that’s selling my email address to spammers!

77scooter says:

77scooter
    Participant

Just received it… I use my email a lot, so couldn’t say from where they got my address.

ro says:

ro
    Participant

Yes, me too, and I’ve definitely only used that address to sign up for LightwaveRF announcements.

coxy says:

coxy
    Participant

Just got mine too

LightwaveRF for electrics, Harmony Home for gadgets, Heat Genius is next, and Now toying with IFTTT
     mmcnamee says:

mmcnamee
    Participant

Received two identical emails … Both to email addresses only used for registering on LWRF’s sites, not even related stuff like forums!

Very poor, two explanations:

1) they’ve been hacked and either don’t know it, or don’t care
    2) they’re willfully selling our details to other companies

Either are a pretty poor show

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.