Hall and Landing two way switching. What kit do I need please ?

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Product Range Hall and Landing two way switching. What kit do I need please ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Grunthos 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     NigelE says:

NigelE
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve installed the Lightwave Link (LW930) and single room light switches (LW400) and that’s dead easy, but can someone please tell me what kit I need for 2 gang, 2 way lighting for my hall and landing please? I already have two way wiring (i.e. 4 core) in place, but it’s not clear (to me) what I should replace the current switches with. In the product range I can see ’2 gang 1 master and 1 2 way slave dimmer switch’ (JSJSLW455WH) and there’s a ’2 Gang 2 Way Slave Dimmer Switch’ (JSJSLW452WH) ?
    Do I need two of the ’2 gang 1 master and 1 2 way slave dimmer switches’ (JSJSLW455WH)?
    Appreciate your help !
    Many thanks,
    Nigel

Mattcatdog says:

Mattcatdog
    Participant

I’d like to know the answer too….anyone?

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

The simplest solution is wire in one 2 gang switch in one location. Isolate the wires in the other and put in a battery controlled 2 way switch pairing it to the other. Quite simple. No hassle with wiring. It works. Has done for me for a few years now

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

I agree with rhlangdon,
    If you can operate both sets of lights from one location it’s easier and WAY cheaper to use a wireless switch instead of a slave switch.
    The only issue is if you end up with a borrowed neutral…
    e.g. https://talk.electricianforum.co.uk/topic/5862-borrowed-neutral/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.