This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  btidey 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     Matt says:

Matt
    Participant

Hi
    Quick Question, can you group together both devices that are Gen 1 and Gen2 in the app and link plus?
    Ie group a Gen2 socket with a. gen1socket in the app, so that they both go on and off together. Then use Alexa or HomePod to tell the gen2 to turn off, and hopefully the gen1 will be told to go off too?
    Hence a work around using the home hub on apple to control gen1 stuff? Or does that work already….?

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I’ve not done this yet, but plan to have gen2 light switches in the kitchen trigger a gen1 relay for under cupboard lighting.

I don’t see any reason this shouldn’t work – the app lets you create an automation group and add both gen1 and gen2 devices into it…

Matt says:

Matt
    Participant

Tried it

Grouped a gen1 switch with gen 2

Turn gen 2 on and off, gen 1 works same.

Then with remote wire free switch turn gen 1 on, and gen 2 doesn’t turn on

Such a shame as awaiting gen 2 wire free and thought this may work..

No luck.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

It will never work the opposite way, gen1 switches are ‘listen only’, gen2 has send and receive.. gen1 remote switches will never trigger a gen2 device :-(

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

Theoretically the link could hear the gen1 remote command and then could action it on items within the group.

I doubt very much if the software would ever support this. It would require the link supporting listening for gen1 commands and I suspect it is only listening for gen2.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.