Google Home doesn't see open,stop,close relay as light

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Google Home doesn't see open,stop,close relay as light

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ukmgranger 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     ukmgranger says:

ukmgranger
    Participant

Hi all,

I have lightwaveRF up and running quite nicely in general, but my issue is that I have a couple of open stop close relays controlling lights (all first gen by the way). One controls my under cupboard lights and one controls 9 GU10 spots in my ceiling.

The problem comes when using Google Home. Google home does not see these as lights, so when saying “can you turn off all the kitchen lights” it doesn’t turn off the GU10′s or under cupboard lights. I have to say “turn off ‘everything’” for it to turn off the other devices, which is a little unnatural.

Is there a way of overriding the type of component that is set up in the app? Or any other way of fixing this?

Cheers

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

I guess the problem is because of how you assign the device in the LWRF, once you assign as a ON/OFF that is what google home picks up when it gets the devices from the LWRF cloud. And it would be a problem to assign a relay as a Lighting because google home may try and dim the relay?
    Therefore I would suggest you can either re-try assigning the relay device in the LWRF app to a light and see what happens or unfortunately have 2 commands in google home
    Strictly its all doing what it should the relay is not a light

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Google Home does command sockets that have lamps plugged into them when asked to operate lights, and I’m assuming it does this by recognising the word lamp or light in the device name so you could try re-saving the device as a socket in the LWRF app and having the word light in the title, that seems to work for me.

ukmgranger says:

ukmgranger
    Participant

Thats an interested point! I’ll try renaming them to see what happens.

I’ll try renaming the nickname in Google assistant first, then if no joy, I’ll try renaming the item in lightwaverf

ukmgranger says:

ukmgranger
    Participant

I can confirm that adding the term light or lamp to the items title (done through Google Home) makes Google think that the item is indeed a light.

Many thanks for the suggestion!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.