Generation 2 – specification

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > General LightwaveRF… > Generation 2 – spec…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Generation 2 – specification

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nevetsecirp 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     rockhoppers1964 says:

rockhoppers1964
    Participant

Has anyone seen the specifications for the new generation ?
    Whats is the improved range they talk about ?
    Is it based on a mesh system ?
    Do the PIR support two way also ?
    Do all the units support two way ?
    Will the old units still work with the new system, but without the reporting function ?
    Andrew

akwillows says:

akwillows
    Participant

I’d be interested in that info too!

From an early conversation with support, the new hub will support the old devices, but will not bring HomeKit compatibility to them. Unfortunately, I have my whole house lightwaved with 1st gen products so will not be upgrading wholesale… rather too expensive!

rockhoppers1964 says:

rockhoppers1964
    Participant

No one seems to know too much about the specs ?
    Not sure what that means !
    Andrew

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

My understanding through reading the replies on FBook posts etc
    The need for G2 has come from Apples demand for two way communication, this requires a new hub and new equipment that communicates 2 way which most of the existing equipment apart from heating and energy monitor isn’t
    At launch they are only launching switches and sockets, no relays, pirs etc, heating / energy is already compatible
    The Gen 1 stuff will work with the new hub, but not with homekit, so unless you want to work with homekit everything is still ok
    As I don’t need homekit, I will see no effect until I want to buy no kit

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.