Generation 2 – specification

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > General LightwaveRF… > Generation 2 – spec…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Generation 2 – specification

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nevetsecirp 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     rockhoppers1964 says:

Has anyone seen the specifications for the new generation ?
    Whats is the improved range they talk about ?
    Is it based on a mesh system ?
    Do the PIR support two way also ?
    Do all the units support two way ?
    Will the old units still work with the new system, but without the reporting function ?

akwillows says:

I’d be interested in that info too!

From an early conversation with support, the new hub will support the old devices, but will not bring HomeKit compatibility to them. Unfortunately, I have my whole house lightwaved with 1st gen products so will not be upgrading wholesale… rather too expensive!

rockhoppers1964 says:

No one seems to know too much about the specs ?
    Not sure what that means !

nevetsecirp says:

My understanding through reading the replies on FBook posts etc
    The need for G2 has come from Apples demand for two way communication, this requires a new hub and new equipment that communicates 2 way which most of the existing equipment apart from heating and energy monitor isn’t
    At launch they are only launching switches and sockets, no relays, pirs etc, heating / energy is already compatible
    The Gen 1 stuff will work with the new hub, but not with homekit, so unless you want to work with homekit everything is still ok
    As I don’t need homekit, I will see no effect until I want to buy no kit

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.