Gen2 & Scene Controller

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Gen2 & Scene Contro…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  h3mp 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
     eddie121 says:

eddie121
    Participant

Ive got gen 2 switches and a couple of plug in switches

ive bought some of the scene controllers (A model) and I can’t pair them to the switches – why?

mrashton says:

mrashton
    Participant

As you are using Gen 2 light switches, all must be Gen 2 for this to work and the Scene Controllers are Gen 1 only at this time.

eddie121 says:

eddie121
    Participant

As you are using Gen 2 light switches, all must be Gen 2 for this to work and the Scene Controllers are Gen 1 only at this time.

Ah – bugger

In one room I haven’t actually got a switch yet, if I was to get a gen 1 switch – what would I miss out on? Siri integration? Thats its? I could use my controller and create scenes still?

mrashton says:

mrashton
    Participant

Yes, with Gen 1 you wouldn’t be able to talk to your system and the Gen 2 switches implement 2 way switching using Wifi rather than the Signal wire between switches and there is the 2 way communication so the state of the switch is now known. So long as you aren’t hung up on those things you should be fine.
    I have a Gen 1 system with the Lightwave Link – also Gen 1 – and I’m still adding switches and relays to it. It all works and so I have no need (yet) to migrate to the latest.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I wish their were gen2 scene controllers or remote switches – seems such a basic thing missing from the product range.
    I rely on these in some rooms, so it is stopping me upgrading to gen2 everywhere currently (also need a gen2 relay which was supposed to be out last month but never appeared)

mrashton says:

mrashton
    Participant

Gen 1 relays are to be had for under £25 at the moment so I’ve just bought myself one – other than the on/off/stop state of the relay I can’t see that Gen 2 is going to give me much more.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

gen2 does offer more..
    You can group lights together in a room so that one switch turns on all devices.
    for example, in the kitchen i have 2 separate circuits for 2 ceiling lights, and a relay that controls the under-cupboard lights.
    using gen2 for both light switches and having a gen2 relay would mean i can switch any light switch on and the complete kitchen comes on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.