Gen2 Link Plus bridge does not have same range as gen1 !!!

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Gen2 Link Plus brid…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Gen2 Link Plus bridge does not have same range as gen1 !!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lwforumuser 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     DaveJudd says:

DaveJudd
    Participant

This is driving me crazy. I have tried to swap all devices over to my new link plus. But some were not pairing or switching.
    Have finally worked out that its a range issue. By bringing the power adapters closer I can pair them and make them work. But put them back where they needed and they don’t !! I have a 3 storey house and link plus is located near my router on the middle floor.
    How on earth would you create a bridge that had a smaller ranger than its predecessor?

Don’t know if to give up and demand a refund or not.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I suspect there is a difference in antenna design too.

mine seemed far more fussy about where i had placed it in the house – found moving it a meter from where i actually wanted it helped a lot

lwforumuser says:

lwforumuser
    Participant

Oh gosh, I was thinking of upgrading from Gen 1 to Gen 2. But my house appears to have lots of metal that caused problems with Wi-Fi range.

I cannot relocate my LW Link so can anyone confirm whether DaveJudd and h3mp were unlucky, or whether the Gen 2 does indeed have worse range than the Gen 1 please?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.