Gen1 to Gen2 Bridge required!

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > LightwaveRF Hackers > Gen1 to Gen2 Bridge…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Hackers Gen1 to Gen2 Bridge required!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  h3mp 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

The Gen1 hand held and wireless remotes are very handy – there is no Gen2 equivalent alas :-(

What i need is a black box that receives the Gen1 433MHz commands, then re-issues them to the Gen2 kit (either using Gen2 API, or could be via IFTTT or Alexa).

What is the easiest way to do this? Arduino with 433 RX? or are there other devices with libraries / apps in existence that would make plugging this together speedy?

Thanks
    Mark

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

I would use an ESP8266 module (e.g. Wemos D1) with a rx433 module (superhet like a RXB6 are much better).

ESP can be programmed in an arduino environment if you are familiar with that and libraries are available to receive lightwave gen 1 commands for the ESP are available.

As the ESP has wifi connectivity you could choose to do the api gen 2 on it but I’m not aware of any libraries for that yet. You can do IFTTT as that is much easier.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

well.. ive got a superhet rigged up to an Aduino Mega running RFLink – i was going to connect this to a PI running Domoticz as this looks like a complete solution without any coding required..

i’m finding the RFLink receiver is hit and miss with receiving the LWRF remote codes – could be a bad receiver..
    have ordered the recommended one from the RFLink shop so awaiting that from the Netherlands :-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.