Gen1 relay operating blinds not visible in Alexa

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Gen1 relay operatin…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Gen1 relay operating blinds not visible in Alexa

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Node Zero 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
     Jonclayton99 says:

Jonclayton99
    Participant

I’ve installed electric roller blinds and used a Gen1 relay to control them using the O/S/C set up, all functions fine and I’ve tested using the lightwave app.
    I’ve set automations to run and that has worked as well, I now have them set to come down at dusk and go back up at dawn.
    Alexa when I discover devices doesn’t ever see the blinds relay. It does catch the two scenes of blinds down and blinds up at dawn but I can’t voice control as the relay blinds is never an actual device found.

Is there a bug with Gen1 relays not operating correctly in OSC mode via Alexa.?
    Any recommendations for things to try?

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

I have two operating OK with Alexa so there is no bug so to speak. Is she discovering other devices?….. It might be worth creating another device in the app, try an On Off device as if it were a socket, as the Stop command doesn’t work with Alexa anyway, nor do Open and Close for that matter… once she’s discovered it and it works you’ll need to set up Routines for those.

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Plus, as you may be aware, she can be a right bitch at times so try unlinking and relinking the skill, as well as logging out and in again.

Jonclayton99 says:

Jonclayton99
    Participant

The open close stop function is what I was hoping for, it all Works fine in the lightwave app and Alexa can see numerous other Gen1 relays setup as on/off
    Alexa needs to support the gen 1 relays or my plans for voice controlled blinds are scuppered.

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Can you explain more please, why is it important that she recognises a relay rather than an On Off device?

Jonclayton99 says:

Jonclayton99
    Participant

My blinds are using the gen 1 relays open/stop/close (O/S/C) setup to operate, this Is what my electric roller blinds require to function.
    If I switch them to just on/off output they will only travel one direction, so. I’ll be able to close them but not open or vice versa.
    In the lightwave app they work perfectly, Alexa just does noth yet recognise a relay in osc mode and it doesn’t pick it up.
    Lightwave support told me this may well be rectified but requires Amazon / Alexa to allow support for gen1 relays osc function.

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

With this relay, an On command connects com and L1, and an Off command connects com and L2 so you will still be able to control direction, the only thing you can’t ask alexa to do is Stop (Com connected to neither) but that’s irrelevant due to the latency. There is a way round this by using Events with the Stop command added after a timed delay for when you want the partially opened or closed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.