Gen 2 – where was the quality control?

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Gen 2 – where was the quality control?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  h3mp 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     revolutionary says:

revolutionary
    Participant

Agree with other posters – this Gen 2 has not been properly built or tested. I would shoot whoever is the manager of this and the new md has to get stuck in and overhaul the development team. They have had two years with apple support and then to come out with this crap is unforgivable. Opportunity missed.

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

Quality control and a lightwaverf software rellease? LOL!

nkpritchard says:

nkpritchard
    Participant

Also be aware mesh connectivity between devices is not supported, at least it doesn’t appear evident in the items that were shipped to me last week. This means existing limitations on distance from the hub still apply.

More so, in that currently no repeater product exists to relay the new signals from the hub to more distant devices or those located in dead spots.

I just purchased an upgrade to my heatmiser thermostats and this equipment supports two way and Mesh, so clearly it is possible to build this into the peripheral hardware.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

Also be aware mesh connectivity between devices is not supported, at least it doesn’t appear evident in the items that were shipped to me last week.

Lightwave confirmed to me via Twitter that Gen2 is a point-to-point technology, no mesh

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.