Gen 2 released today – who is going to upgrade?

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > General LightwaveRF… > Gen 2 released toda… > Page 6

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Gen 2 released today – who is going to upgrade?

This topic contains 78 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  AndreWilley 2 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I don’t deny that Gen1 devices do technically work with Gen2 hub.
    But the software has on/off toggle buttons as the main interface, and it is impossible to have reliable operation using toggling when the software has no idea what the starting state of the device is.
    All they need to do to resolve this is change gen1 devices to have separate on and off buttons, then all would be fine.

Johnny T says:

Johnny T
    Participant

Great info Automation and h3mp. I’m really interested in this as I’ve been holding off upgrading to Gen 2 due to all the issues (particularly the poor range).

If the poor range issue has now been resolved then I might take the plunge and start investing in Gen 2 devices and do a gradual upgrade as I replace / add devices.

Really appreciate you both taking the time and trouble to post on the forums about your experiences as it’s very difficult to get good, un-biased opinions on the web about this stuff.

Cheers :)

miken says:

miken
    Participant

+1
    Many thanks for the updated feedback, it is good of you both to think of others (like myself!) who can benefit from this positive news.

Regards
    Mike

AndreWilley says:

AndreWilley
    Participant

I wrote a post here yesterday, which was showing but has now vanished after I edited it to add a simple separator line. How odd!

Andre

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.