Gen 2 released today – who is going to upgrade?

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > General LightwaveRF… > Gen 2 released toda… > Page 4

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Gen 2 released today – who is going to upgrade?

This topic contains 57 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  h3mp 3 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

This is still giving me a headache – still not fit for purpose..

Anyhow.. latest version of the app is v1.2.1 – Screenshot attached showing the new feature: Rooms and Zones

I can now actually open the app again, but there is a room I cannot delete, and the rooms and zones aren’t syncing to the app on my other iOS devices either – it is all very buggy and not fit for sale in the current state for sure.

So far, having rooms and zones offers no benefits – no moods for a room, no “all on” or “all off”.

The rate of progress for people who have paid for the new kit is painfully slow.. plus we appear to be being used as alpha testers.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Allan says:

Allan
    Participant

Yes App still rubbish for me, although as I’m using mine via the homekit app it doesn’t really matter. Homekit is working fine, outside lights coming on at dusk at 80%, dimming to 20% at 10:30, then off at dawn.

Just noticed on the web site that LWRF are showing the LW931 magnetic trigger as working with gen 2 and Homekit? I thought the LW931 was an older generation product, so how can it be two way?

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

The LW931 sends out messages so link will be aware of its status. There is nothing useful you could send to it.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

..but the new link will support triggers in coming releases (allegedly), so maybe it could be used to trigger an event…

Allan says:

Allan
    Participant

The LW931 sends out messages so link will be aware of its status. There is nothing useful you could send to it.

Ok, I had assumed that with it now having Homekit approval it would have two way coms.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

….So 6 days after v1.2.1 coming out, I can now say that it is all working as expected.
    It sounds like they have fixed something on their back end which means i can now delete the un-delete-able room..

It is now syncing all changes with my iPad too – but it’s a bit painful to make sure it all syncs at the moment
    It seems that on the favourites/rooms/automations screens you need to swipe down to force the page to check for updates, then sometimes the changes appear instantly, other changes only appear after killing and re-starting the app.. – they say the syncing will be smoother in the next update…

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

V1.2.2 out today..
    No new features..
    Only change mentioned is a fix for linking to the new “link plus”

Things we are waiting on currently (have I forgotten any?):
    * Still no mood support
    * Still no actions you can perform on rooms (eg “all off”)
    * Automations still not editable
    * Automations still very basic compared to events/timers of old system
    * Automation dusk/dawn still doesn’t have +/- time like before
    * Automation do not support delays (so can’t do slow sun-rise on lights for waking up)
    * Automations have no “random” delay
    * Automations do not support triggers from devices
    * Still no power monitoring on sockets
    * Still no web based portal
    * Still no Alexa support
    * Still no API so 3rd party developers can integrate support

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Looks like Alexa has arrived

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

Oldest review is 2 days old.. why have they not emailed us to say Alexa is supported!?
    I’ve installed the skill, will test it tomorrow, seems to have picked up all the devices which is a good sign..

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

Alexa is working nicely with both Gen1 and Gen2 Devices

Allan says:

Allan
    Participant

Yep Alexa working……where do you generate the scenes it refers to, it doesn’t find the HomeKit ones.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I guess they need whatever will be the replacement for “moods” which could become supported by alexa as scenes..

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I’ve been away for a week, I see there have been a couple of releases (first one just a bug fix)..

we are now at V1.2.4….

Bug fix: Improved linking process
    new feature: “Display of sockets in use” – I’ve not tried this yet, but i guess it shows in the app if a socket has a plug inserted..

Current Features:
    + “Devices” (Gen1 and Gen2) can be controlled from the App
    + “Favourites” lists your favourite devices in a single panel on the first screen
    + “Rooms” allows a grouping of devices
    + “Zones” allows a grouping of Rooms (E.g. “Upstairs”) – found this very buggy – it didn’t acknowledge a zone creation and now I have 2 with same name and rooms didn’t move into new zone when ticked..
    + “Automations” allows basic “switch this on/off at this time” based on time/dusk/dawn
    + Sockets can display that they are in use
    + Alexa support (though I’ve found it a bit buggy recently, i ask device to turn off and it ignores me, i do manually from Alexa app and it then works, i try again from voice and now it works, i’m wondering if devices are maintaining state (not that Gen1 can) then not turning off as it thinks it is already off or something like that..)

Things we are waiting on currently:
    - Still no mood support (or equivalent, i.e. you cannot perform an action on a Room or Zone)
    - Automations not editable
    - Automations very basic compared to events/timers of old system
    - Automation dusk/dawn still doesn’t have +/- time like before
    - Automation do not support delays (so can’t do slow sun-rise on lights for waking up)
    - Automations have no “random” delay
    - Automations do not support triggers from devices
    - Power usage monitoring for appliances plugged into sockets
    - Web Portal – https://manager.lightwaverf.com/ (only Gen1 in there at the moment)
    - API so 3rd party developers can integrate support

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.