GEN 2 Power Sockets L42 Warning

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion GEN 2 Power Sockets L42 Warning

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MBaigent 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     Jkwebb says:

Jkwebb
    Participant

Hi

be aware it is possible for these sockets to go faulty and not switch off even if App and LED shows off they can remain on

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

This could be the same issue as could occur on Gen 1 sockets where the relay contacts stick and fail to open when the socket is turned off.

Switching heavy inductive loads like high power electric motors can cause arcing across the relay contacts making this worse.

Sometimes it can be fixed by giving the switch a sharp tap to unstick the contact, but will likely happen again if the same load is used.

Jkwebb says:

Jkwebb
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for the reply, yes it could be the same issue which is not very clever being able to stay on!
    Surely it should be more clever than that and should detect that it has not switched off that is the whole point to Genration 2 and being Apple Home compliant.

I also noticed that the Bristish Standards Reference for the Generation 2 is dated 1995 years before Generation 2 was introduced. So I wonder if they really are SAFE.

Regards John

MBaigent says:

MBaigent
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for the reply, yes it could be the same issue which is not very clever being able to stay on!
    Surely it should be more clever than that and should detect that it has not switched off that is the whole point to Genration 2 and being Apple Home compliant.

I also noticed that the Bristish Standards Reference for the Generation 2 is dated 1995 years before Generation 2 was introduced. So I wonder if they really are SAFE.

Regards John

I have just had a double socket completely fail on me.Lights started flickering and then nothing. I had it in a high inductive load (3kW heater) application. The very good Lightwave Helpline advised me of the inductive load issue and that maybe an RCD would be the solution? Has anyone had experience of this or does anyone have a better solution?

regards

MM

MM
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.