Gen 2 double Smart Dimmer works for a while, then fail

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Gen 2 double Smart…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Gen 2 double Smart Dimmer works for a while, then fail

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  IanBlackburn 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     IanBlackburn says:

IanBlackburn
    Participant

I can’t work out any pattern as to why this happens, it can be every few minutes or it can stay on and work fine for hours, but when it fails, all lights on both circuits dim to probably to around 5% and the lights flash red on the dimmer switch. I then need to press the buttons on the dimmer to stop the red flashing lights and then use the app to run an auto-calibration for it to return to functioning normally.

Sometimes just pressing the buttons on the dimmer to switch on the circuits is enough and I don’t need to auto-calibrate.

I have a long thread with support but their latest suggestion is to change my light fittings and try different bulbs which is not exactly a 5 minute task.

So I was hoping that someone else has come across this and can offer any tips or things to try. Support don’t seem to know what the flashing red lights indicate which would be a clue I’d have thought.

Hoping someone can help – this has taken so much of my time and I’m close to returning the lightwave gear and giving up on it.

Cheers

Ian

Greg66 says:

Greg66
    Participant

I’ve had something similar to this, and resolved it by replacing tungsten filament bulbs with halogens.

IanBlackburn says:

IanBlackburn
    Participant

Thanks Greg66 – I’m using G9 Halogen Light Bulb’s as it is, but perhaps it is worth investigating different types of bulbs.

Cheers

Ian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.