Gen 2 dimmers and Mood Lighting Controller

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Gen 2 dimmers and Mood Lighting Controller

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nevetsecirp 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     uber_shnuber says:

uber_shnuber
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m pretty new to LightwaveRF, and still getting to grips with it all.

I have fitted a couple of dimmers and a couple of basic plug-in sockets. I have just bought a Mood Lighting Controller which has linked up fine with the plug-ins, but wont link with the Gen 2 dimmers.

I’m now coming to the realisation that this doesn’t work with Gen 2… am I right? Is there any ETA on a mood controller for Gen 2? It seems that the Gen 2 products are really good but it’s a pretty limited range at the moment!

Cheers!

uber_shnuber says:

uber_shnuber
    Participant

Further to this, I can only get the plug-ins to turn on and off with the main on/off buttons. The “scene” buttons don’t seem to store the scenes…?

I suspect this may be going back which is disappointing…

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

Hi you are correct the Gen 1 equipment will not work directly with the Gen 2 stuff as they work on different frequencies, the link plus has both frequencies built in so you can control both from the app.

The product development road map used to be on the Lightwaverf website, but I have just had a look and unable to find it, They were focusing on the 3 and 4 gang dimmers in different colours first

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     uber_shnuber says:

uber_shnuber
    Participant

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Its a shame that what I’m looking for isn’t available at the moment. Hopefully wont be too long until the Gen2 range is extended – otherwise it looks like they want you to go backwards!

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

I had a read of their company news yesterday following on trying to find the roadmap and it looks like they are trying to raise cash for investment into further products and the way they are planning to do this is extend the already developed products into Europe through Apple, so personally I cannot see any significant new products for the uk for a while, as their resources are focusing on converting the existing to fit europe

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.