Gen 2 dimmer switch self test

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Gen 2 dimmer switch…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jed 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
     Jed says:

Jed
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having issues trying to get a Tala 6W LED bulb working with my Gen 2 L22 dimmer. I know 6W is too low a wattage and the LEDs may not work hence me wanting to run some pre install tests.

When I power up the L22 it seems to go through a self test and fully illuminates a single 6W bulb with no flicker and looks fine, but then once the boot up sequence is complete it won’t light up the bulb when I set it to maximum brightness. It seems odd it works during the boot up sequence but not once it’s live.

Is this a basic sign of it not being compatible or is there a chance I’ll get this working if I fully load it up with two more 6W bulbs which is the plan?

I’m also wondering if I would have any more luck if I used a gen 1 inline dimmer, but I suspect I’ll have just as many problems with that and I may have to switch to a relay option only?

Jed

Jed
     Jed says:

Jed
    Participant

Nothing like a forum entry to fix an issue!

I investigated resetting the switch after I posted this and then that soved the issues, the 6W light now comes on and off as required without flickering so it looks like tala 6W light bulbs work ok with LW kit .. gen 2 at least.

I have another issue that I’ll post now to follow on from this one!

Jed
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

How do you reset a switch?

Jed says:

Jed
    Participant

I went through the unpairing process, so put it into pairing mode and then pressed the off button to get to flashing red lights and then press off again. That exact button sequence is probably not correct but it’s in the instructions, so straight forwards.

Jed
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

OK thanks.
    seems an unexpected fix though as this should just delete the memory of paired devices, it shouldn’t have an effect on the bulb side of things!?

Jed says:

Jed
    Participant

Apparently when you run through the unpair process it sets back to factory defaults and recalibrates itself. If you don’t do this it remembers it’s settings and still uses the setting from the last device it was connected to, so this could be wrong if you are changing things around or something is not quite working when you expect it to do so.

Jed
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.