Gen 1 – 2 dimming range and quality comparison

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Gen 1 – 2 dimming range and quality comparison

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  McDazzle 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
     Chester says:

Chester
    Participant

Hi all,

Has anyone swapped out a Gen 1 dimmer and noticed an improvement, for example better dimming range (stable/no flicker at lower light levels), or more even graduation between dimming levels?

This is quite pivotal. At some point in the future I’d like to replace all of my Gen 1 kit, but is Gen 2 the answer? I’m kind of hoping so, but…

Chester
     McDazzle says:

McDazzle
    Participant

Hi Chester,

I doubt it from my experience so far.

I have two rooms with the same LED GU10 light bulbs fitted. One room is on a G1 dimmer and the bulbs work pretty well. The other had a standard light switch but yesterday I replaced this with a G2 dimmer.

The bulbs on the G2 dimmer perform very badly with constant flicker whilst the same bulbs in other room which are still on a G1 dimmer work fine.

Whether the number of lights is the issue, I’m not sure. Still, it’s not looking like the answer to your problems!

Tariq

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Chester

Computer/network engineer, AV enthusiast

View all posts by