Equivalent of Wemo Away Mode / Simulated occupancy

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Equivalent of Wemo…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Equivalent of Wemo Away Mode / Simulated occupancy

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ronschaeffer 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
     ronschaeffer says:

ronschaeffer
    Participant

Hi, after much searching and reading a couple of confusing examples… What is the recommended way to achieve something like Wemo’s away mode where a number of switches and/or dimmers can be set to randomly switch off and on during a chosen time period, for example, from dusk until midnight?

I’d like to be able to trigger such a mode (an event?) with a single click and ideally also with IFTTT. I see that IFTTT can trigger LWRF events.

Thanks very much.

ronschaeffer says:

ronschaeffer
    Participant

OK, so I decided to set on/off sequences within the default Away event so that various dimmers switch on or off at different times in order to simulate occupancy. This works fine.

I can start the event using the the web app, Android app or IFTTT. However, I don’t see any option to stop the event expect by using “Stop All Events” in the web app. Am I overlooking this option in the Android app?

I do see that a UDP command can be sent to stop (cancel) an event. If there’s no more obvious way, I’ll create a Tasker task to cancel the event. But, this all seems unnecessarily complex.

Thanks,
    Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.