Energy Usage Broadcast from Lightwaverf Sockets

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Future Products > Energy Usage Broadc…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Future Products Energy Usage Broadcast from Lightwaverf Sockets

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  skiv71 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     milesoft says:

milesoft
    Participant

This is an idea I’ve been toying with for a while now.

Would it be possible to enhance a future version of the lightwaverf sockets to broadcast the energy usage, this would also provide the device status which I’ve seen a lot of people asking about.

My idea is that using this data one could in detail track down devices which are drawing excess power. Also having thus feature would enable me to snap profiles Of what devices are left on and which are left off. Then I could set a whole house mood effect. Ie I’m leaving the house, turn off all non critical devices then when I come back I could just restore them all back on. I’m sure this would save almost the cost of the devices.

I currently have some manual energy monitors, the electrics can’t be that difficult because the plugs only cost me £10 each. Just I have to look at the individual screens to see the data which isn’t always convenient.

GlynH says:

GlynH
    Participant

I ended up buying a device called Smappee.

Not cheap nor perfect but it does have the ability to recognise different appliances from their electrical signature (current draw) from a single clamp-on sensor near your meter or incoming mains supply.and you can refine & label anything that you like.

-=Glyn=-

skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

Sounds like you want what other tech’s already offer out the box.

developer of BMS Link (http://linode.bmslink.co.uk). A cloud based Home Automation platform for LightwaveRF, Z-Wave, RFXCOM.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.