Energenie hub and lightwaverf hub and smartthings hub

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Hackers Energenie hub and lightwaverf hub and smartthings hub

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  clinkadink 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     Nstowe says:

Nstowe
    Participant

Can I integrate all 3 things into 1 hub so I can get rid of 2 out of 3 hubs?
    Thank you

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

i’m not aware of any 3rd party commercial hubs that can control lightwave

doesn’t look like smarthings talks to energenie

sounds like you need 3 hubs!

Nstowe says:

Nstowe
    Participant

Thank you I’m new to this

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

As this is in the hackers section, it is worth pointing out there are semi-commercial offerings that can integrate some things together.

For example the RFXtrx433E from RFXcom is a USB 433MHz transceiver which does understand Energenie and Lightwaverf protocols. This is normally controlled by home automation software like domoticz which then offers much more extensive automation functionality.

I believe there are ways of doing some integration with smartthings so, although one would still need that hub, it could all be controlled through one access into domoticz.

clinkadink says:

clinkadink
    Participant

Raspberry Pi can send and receive via UDP to the LightwaveRF hub. I use a Pi to act as a bridge between SmartThings and LightwaveRF, and other devices. So if you can get a hub to talk to a Pi, then it can be connected onto the LWRF hub.

More info here.
    https://community.smartthings.com/t/lightwave-rf-integration-uk/23875

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.