Electric Radiator Switch JSJS LW934 Question

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Electric Radiator Switch JSJS LW934 Question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jtyles 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     jtyles says:

jtyles
    Participant

Hi, has anyone any experience of installing the Electric Radiator Switch. I am thinking of using it to control an Infra Red Heater in my conservatory, at the moment I have got it plugged into normal LightwaveRF socket, I also use a wireless thermostat to control the temperature. I would like to move to a more integrated system using a fused spur and the Radiator Switch. Before I commit to buying one could anyone answer the follow please:
    a) From the instruction manual it appears that the cables enter from the bottom, can the cable entry be swapped to the top or even the rear?
    b) Can it be mounted on a standard pattress rear box, possible with a little fettling ;-) ?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Jon.

Jules says:

Jules
    Participant

a) The only cable clamps are at the bottom of the switch.
    b) Not sure what you’d gain by mounting it on a pattress box. Looking at the instructions, the backplate is designed to be screwed to a surface and the switch then hooks onto its backplate. You’d have to see if you could drill the backplate to take screws into the pattress box. Your cables are still going to have to enter the switch through the clamps at the bottom though.

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
      Home automation: 1 x JSJSLW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 3 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
       jtyles says:

jtyles
      Participant

Hi Jules, thanks for getting back to me. I have actually been in contact with the help desk and they came up with the idea that I could turn it upside down but obviously that would mean that the front face would be upside down which as it will be on show is not acceptable to the other half.

They also mentioned that the screw holes correspond to a standard back box. They also said there was hole in the rear plate, but looking at the instructions there seem to a small hole to small bring two 13 amp cables through.

What I think I’ll do is fettle the rear cover to allow the cable through.

Cheers,

Jon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.