Echo Plus – does it control Lightwaverf WITHOUT Lightwave Link?

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Echo Plus – does it control Lightwaverf WITHOUT Lightwave Link?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  don63 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     balboadale says:

balboadale
    Participant

Hi all,

If this question has been answered elsewhere I apologise, I have tried searching but can’t find the answer.

Basically the question I would like to find the answer for is regarding the new Echo Plus – will it directly control Lightwaverf products?

I’ve got a few lights and sockets through my house, as well as an inline relay controlling my immersion heater. I mainly control them through my Echo dot and everything is (pretty much) straight forward.

I’ve got a few plugs and switches spare, so I was planning on fitting some in my parents’ house as a Xmas surprise, coupled with an Amazon Alexa enabled product. But I don’t know which one to go for…

If the Echo Plus works with Lightwave, then that’s the one, as other products can easily be added over time. (Like this for example – https://www.gearbest.com/smart-lighting/pp_634478.html?wid=21)
    If not, I would buy one of the new £80 Echo’s and a Lightwave Link.

Hopefully this makes sense and someone could give me an idea on which way to go.

Thanks,
    Dale

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

So far, there is not much info on the capability of the hub inside the plus.

It does look it controls devices through wifi or zigbee, so I think it is a pretty good bet that there is no direct Lightwaverf support, so either a link or other bridge device is needed.

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     balboadale says:

balboadale
    Participant

Thanks for the replies.

I thought as much, a bit of unwelcome news. Seems Lightwave is going to be late to the party again..

:(

don63 says:

don63
    Participant

I’d imagine that there are soon going to be a few lightwaverf gen-1 link’s going cheap on ebay. So one of these together with the standard echo or dot and you may well have change from what an echo-plus would cost.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.