Door Bells / Chimes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Grant dF 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     Grant dF says:

Grant dF
    Participant

Hi – I’m new to the forum – have an extensive first generation lightwave (lights only) system in our property – we have 3 different entrance doors and was considering using the LW 2301 door chime which apparently can support upto 4 different bell pushes, but according to Megaman (lightwave tech support didn’t know ) the individual bell pushes can only be programmed to a single melody of the 8 available – ie I can’t apparently identify which bell is being pushed by using different melodies for each door – short of buying 3 separate chime units – does anyone have a solution to the ‘which door bell is being rung’ conundrum ?? Many thanks Grant

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

I haven’t got one but I came to the conclusion that this chime was only going to play 1 tune for multiple pushes. It is also a bit difficult to hack as the push doesn’t use standard LightwaveRF messaging. I think it is a normal wireless door bell with a bit of lightwaverf integration at the chime end, i.e. the ability to send out a lightwaverf message from the chime when a push is sent.

If you don’t need to operate other lightwaverf devices when the bell is pushed then you might be better off with a conventional wireless chime with mutliple door support.

I think the Byron BY202Tx supports that. https://doorchimesuk.co.uk/pdf/BY202.pdf The normal pack comes with 2 pushes but one can get additional ones, and I think each push can be changed to select one of the 6 chimes.

Grant dF says:

Grant dF
    Participant

many thanks for your reply and suggestion – will check it out, although I must admit did like the the additional LWRF links to flash lights etc which the LW2301 offers – different melodies for each door and lights flashing with bell push seems such a reasonable thing to want to do !!!! Yrs Grant

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.