Do Gen 2 links work *well* with Gen 1 kit

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > General LightwaveRF… > Do Gen 2 links work… > Page 2

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Do Gen 2 links work *well* with Gen 1 kit

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  btidey 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
     Johnny T says:

Johnny T
    Participant

I’d help if I could Automation. I don’t know the answer to your questions as I haven’t got a Gen 2 link. I’m really interested to see how this pans out though.

Please post back when/if you get it resolved. They have categorically said in their advertising bumf that it’s compatible fully with Gen 1 and I can’t see the logic in changing the frequency so I can only guess your link is faulty?

As I said though, would be interested in what you find out.

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

The difference in frequency reported 433.920 vs 433.930 is probably due just to tolerances. I am sure this frequency difference will have no effect on a Link1 receiving device. They are just looking for simple on/off keying of the carrier and are not that selective.

It is much more likely to be due to a difference in power or maybe they have changed the repeat policy on link 2. The link1 hubs send the command out 20 times to increase the chance of it being received. If link2 sends out less repeats then this may also affect reliability at larger distances. That should be relatively easy to test for someone with a link2 and a 433Mhz receiver. Note that I wouldn’t put it past Lightwaverf software development to send out a link1 signal just once in the link2 having forgotten that repeats are needed.

The Lightwaverf reply about the link reading the 433MHz signal is laughable. They transmit not receive.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.