Disable timer via Event

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Antyronnen 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     lwforumuser says:

lwforumuser
    Participant

I use timers to control various devices to make second home look occupied.

But when I’m there I don’t want all the devices going on and off on a schedule. And it’s a pain navigating to the Timer section and disabling all the associated timer entries.

The neatest solution would seem to be using the Home and Away Events to disable and enable the timers respectively. But I believe that’s not possible in the stock app.

I looked at the API documentation but couldn’t see a command to disable/enable timers.

Any suggestions anyone please?

lwforumuser says:

lwforumuser
    Participant

I should have added I’m referring to Generation 1 devices and apps.

Also I haven’t used the API, nor would I know where to start. I was just searching in desperation!

I was assuming I wasn’t alone with this scenario and was hoping there’s an easy solution. But I’m open to any suggestions.

Antyronnen says:

Antyronnen
    Participant

The way I do this is to set up a Stringify account which will allow you to set a state (ie Home or Away) and then, depending on that state activate an IFTTT action. Then in IFTTT link that action to an LWRF ‘channel’ which can be a power device (plug-in, relay or socket), an event, a light or a heating thermostat. This way you can set up a number of actions linked to your ‘state’ which saves pausing and unpausing a whole lot of timers. Unfortunately Stringify doesn’t link directly to LWRF but IFTTT does.
    Google ‘ Stringify’ and ‘IFTTT’ for more advice and information on how to set up accounts, link to LWRF etc. Takes a bit of time to get your head around the process(es) but very flexible and, usually, pretty reliable. Stringify user forum and support are both very useful, IFTTT less so. Both services are free to sign up to and to use.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.