Dimmer type for Hall/Landing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  michael ward 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     Allan says:

Allan
    Participant

Hi all, I’m trying to work out which dimmers I need for a hall and landing, the landing being two way switched from the hall.

Hall will be a 2 gang, landing will be a single gang. The second gang of the hall will be the landing two way.
    Getting a bit confused with some of the information, for example the Megaman site shows the W455 as a master/slave, but refers to each gang as Master1/Master2 in the images?

I think I need a W420 for the hall and a W450 for the landing. I’m assuming that both gangs of the W420 are master gangs.
    Another alternative was a W455 downstairs and a W400 upstairs paired with the slave gang of the W455.

Thanks

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

Ho for the Hall you will need a 2 Gang lw 420
    and for the landing a slave 1 gang lw 450 https://www.lightwaverf.com/product/250-2-way-dimmer-lw450/

cheers

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     Allan says:

Allan
    Participant

Excellent, thanks for confirming.

michael ward says:

michael ward
    Participant

The easiest way to think of this, is to know that a single relay can have multiple switches linked to it. Which is why the term master 1 and master 2 are appropriate.
    You can link both switches to the landing light relay or even a third if you wish.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.