Difference between two types of sockets.

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General Smart Home Technology Discussion Difference between two types of sockets.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jules 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     Redbaron says:

Redbaron
    Participant

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between:
    LightwaveRF Wireless Control Plug-In Socket Kit on-off and LightwaveRF Wireless Light & Power on-off Socket Kit (3 Pack) apart from the price?
    This may be obvious to the more technically minded, but not to me!
    I would like to link them to my Echo Dot to operate some lamps.

Jules says:

Jules
    Participant

You need to look at the model numbers of the products:

Basic Plug-in Socket Kit – Model No. JSJSLW381 – A kit of three plug-in sockets. Max load 3000W each. Basic on/off, not dimmable and does not respond to mood commands. Each socket can link to 3 controllers.

Plug-in On/Off Socket Kit – Model No. JSJSLW321 – A kit of three plug-in sockets. Max load 3000W each. Can be switched on/off manually. Basic on/off, not dimmable. Responds to mood commands. Each socket can link to 6 controllers. Can be locked on or off.

Plug-in Dimmer Socket Kit – Model No. JSJSLW301 – A kit of two plug-in sockets. Max load 300W, Min load 40W each. Can be switched on/off manually. Dimmable. Responds to mood commands. Each socket can link to 6 controllers. Can be locked on or off.

Each kit will work with your Echo Dot.

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
      Home automation: 1 x LW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 4 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x LW830 In-line Relay 3000W / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
       Redbaron says:

Redbaron
      Participant

Jules, I couldn’t have asked for a more comprehensive response. I have found it extremely useful. I am tiptoeing into this project because of my lack of knowledge and expertise and I think the forums will prove invaluable.

Jules says:

Jules
      Participant

You’re welcome. I should perhaps also have mentioned that to use the Echo Dot you will need the JSJSLW930 Lightwave Link connected to your broadband router with the LighwaveRF App, Alexa App and LightwaveRF Skill on your smartphone.

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
        Home automation: 1 x LW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 4 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x LW830 In-line Relay 3000W / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
      Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Redbaron

A superannuated enthusiast for digital technology but without the skills!

View all posts by

MORE CONTRIBUTIONS BY Redbaron