Dawn to Dusk timer with Events

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Dawn to Dusk timer…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rhlangdon 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     dav555 says:

dav555
    Participant

Hi, Newbie here.
    I have several of the lightwave sockets (with lamps attached) and use the web app to have the lamps come on (via an event) in the early evening.
    I have now purchased a Dusk to Dawn sensor and want the sensor to trigger the event to start at Dusk and then the timer to turn the lights off at a set time.

So how do I set the event to start at dusk ?

Thanks in advance

dav555

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

You don’t actually need the sensor, when setting up Timers in the app you can select dusk or dawn (or a preset a time before or after). The sensor is only for linking directly to devices and cannot initiate an event.

dav555 says:

dav555
    Participant

Thanks.

I thought that was the case. It is disappointing as the dusk time for the event is triggered at a time and not by actual light conditions.

Surely having a light sensor should be more accurate and should be able to trigger events.

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

A light sensor is surely not going to be concerned about whether it is dawn or dusk but only whether the ambient light is enough to trigger an on or off. Normally they are adjusted according to personal requirements. I simply use the timer. Bear in mind that LWRF’s interpretation of dusk and dawn is not what it normally is but is no more than sunset and sunrise.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.