I wonder if anyone has yet tried the “Trust” “Smart Home” “Smart-Line” products with LightwaveRF? formally (ex-CO CO)
More to the point the swapping out the the LightwaveRF hub with the Trust hub version as there is one feature that will expand the product range: ZigBee.
• “Convenient light control using your smartphone/tablet.
• Monitor your home with sensors and get push alert notifications on your smartphone/tablet
• Set up different scenarios and timers to automate your lights by using the intuitive rules editor
• Free app available for iPad, iPhone and Android tablet/smartphone
• Secure communication with AES encryption and SSL
• Future-proof, firmware upgradeable
• Can be used with Trust Smart Home and other ZigBee devices such as Philips Hue (*compatibility on trust.com/zigbee)“
any comments will be appreciated.
Have a look at this post from a few years ago
http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk/forums/topic/is-this-lightwave-rf-in-disguise/LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
I can confirm the Trust hub didn’t work with LWRF it was damn close, looks like they had locked down the hub to the product A numbers formally COCO to allow legacy and future products to work side by side. As the previous post discuss the idea of JSJS Designs resold the platform with minor changes/forks in the project to lock down the platform to secure revenue to each brand as rightly so at the time.
As times have moved on I hope LWRF follow on and allow the ZigBee standard to be integrated into the hub (future hub) and routines without having to have too many hubs prior to your desired voice activated product.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.