Conditional logic and LWRF devices

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Conditional logic and LWRF devices

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Antyronnen 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     Antyronnen says:

Antyronnen
    Participant

This issue has been raised as one advantage of using Homekit controls, which require Gen2 devices.

I have been using Stringify which provides the logic through what they call flows and which can then link through IFTTT to control an LWRF device, event, heating etc. My devices are all Gen 1 so no feedback but if, like me, you have found LWRF timers set through the iOs App to be a bit erratic/unpredicatable/unreliable as well as lacking any conditionality you may find this combination useful. I’m testing out various replacements for LWRF timers and so far they work pretty well allowing inputs including external temperature, Home/Away state. Potentially this will do away with the need to activate or pause a different set of timers depending on circumstance; it’s a pity LWRF didn’t add a channel to do this when they linked to IFTTT.

There is a useful Stringify user forum and a number of users have raised the wish to have LWRF devices added to the range of smart devices which can be controlled. Add your voice if it looks useful.

https://forums.stringify.com/t/support-for-lightwaverf-product-range/843

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

Just had a look at stringify – looks a pretty useful app, had it send me a push notification this morning to tell me the fastest way to work.
    LWRF integration would be great for this..

Antyronnen says:

Antyronnen
    Participant

I have found it really useful for a lot of ‘background’ LWRF tasks where I have found the iOs App to be unreliable. The ability to link weather conditions to LWRF devices begins to make the timers more ‘intelligent’ and it can also control a huge range of other much smarter devices which I guess will make integration, especially of Gen1 LWRF kit, much less difficult . The more people who tell them LWRF integration would be good the greater the chance that it might happen!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.