Compatibility with Vintage LED bulbs

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Compatibility with…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Compatibility with Vintage LED bulbs

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  markk 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
     ultimate-orange says:

ultimate-orange
    Participant

Hi

I’m pulling together a lighting design that uses a number of Vintage LED lamps. Does anyone have any experience of these working well with LWRF? There’s nothing on their compatibility chart and Lightwave have stated that they’ve never tested any vintage bulbs, surprising considering how popular the are. I was considering using a reputable brand light like Megaman or Bell, maybe even stretching to the Plumen bulbs. Anyone got any experience with vintage lamps?

Thanks

markk says:

markk
    Participant

The whole LWRF and LED topic is a complete minefield. I have a mixture of 200 and 400 series dimmers and despite the claim the 400s were designed with LED lamps in mind, many of my LEDs work better with the 200 series. By the same token, the same three LED’s on one 200 series dimmer work and on another they don’t! I would suggest you get lamps from a supplier who will accept returns and give them a try. If they don’t work, take them back and try others.

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on model b raspberry pi. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.