Colour Changing LED Drivers

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Product Range Colour Changing LED Drivers

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  PhilC 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
     phil01 says:

phil01
    Participant

It appears that LightwaveRf  distributors in Singapore are already stocking the LED drivers but this has not yet made an appearance in the UK market.

Hopefully this product is now in the high seas winging its way to these shores. I know a few like me have been waiting on the colour changing  light strips.

http://www.facebook.com/IGS.LightWaveRF

Justin says:

Justin
    Participant

Yes please!

I’m looking to fit a new kitchen soon, these would be perfect for my plinth/feature lights. Any further details available?  Release date, common anode/cathode etc?

Wifi link, plug in adapter's, wall and mood switches. Heating controls sometime?? We'll see. Lol
     Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

I’ve been in contact with my friends at LightwaveRF.co.uk. These are on the way, but they are waiting an official release date. I know many people will say they’ve heard this before etc etc, but the fact these have been seen in the wild means they really can’t be that far off. There are going to be two types, a simple white dimmable LED set and a colour set. The colour set will offer 4 shades of 5 different primary colours. Both sets are capable of three different moods and the colour set also offers a colour cycle mode. It looks like there will be sets with LED’s and power supplies included as well as standalone controllers that can handle up to 22 x 30cm 2.4watt strips.

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     lightning_young says:

lightning_young
    Participant

Is there any further updates on the release date?
    This is just what i’ve been looking for!!!

rooflessdriver says:

rooflessdriver
    Participant

These look very interesting. Having just fitted relays to my existing tubes under the cupboards, I can see an upgrade coming!

Is this the same thing? http://www.greenagesolutions.co.uk/Category/75/Product/584/LightwaveRF-LED-Driver-Module-230v-White.aspx

Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

Probably, but listed at just £1 it is clear that they haven’t actually got any yet and this is just a placeholder. LightwaveRF may be cheap by other automation standards, but it isn’t THAT cheap!

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     rooflessdriver says:

rooflessdriver
    Participant

Probably, but listed at just £1 it is clear that they haven’t actually got any yet and this is just a placeholder. LightwaveRF may be cheap by other automation standards, but it isn’t THAT cheap!

Haha!!
    Yeah that would be wishful thinking!

rummage says:

rummage
    Participant

What us the deal with lightwaverf Singapore??? Are they the company actually making the products? I wish i could deal direct with them. They look like they know what they are doing!

Matt says:

Matt
    Participant

Oh look what just arrived in the post! :o )

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lighting: LWRF LED strips, In-line dimmers, In-line relays and Plug-in modules, Inputs: Master mood switch, Magnetic door sensors, Handheld remote, Controller: Domoticz running on Raspberry Pi with RFXCom. Plus recently a stack of Z-Wave units!
     SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

Can you alter these via any of the “apps”? Do you have to use the included remote only?

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     Matt says:

Matt
    Participant

I can turn it on and off and set dim level from the official LWRF iOS app using the Wifi link and also from Domoticz via the RFXCom.

Don’t have anything that can set the colours apart from the included remote yet.

Matt

Lighting: LWRF LED strips, In-line dimmers, In-line relays and Plug-in modules, Inputs: Master mood switch, Magnetic door sensors, Handheld remote, Controller: Domoticz running on Raspberry Pi with RFXCom. Plus recently a stack of Z-Wave units!
     SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. So I guess you could set the colour and the use the app to turn it on/off and dim.

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     Matt says:

Matt
    Participant

Yes, that’s exactly how I use it at the moment.

Bert is looking into adding support to RFXcom so with a bit of luck I’ll be able to manage it from Domoticz in the near future… :o )

SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

Not had the “balls” to go down the RFXcom and Domoticz route yet.
    WiFi link seems stable and I (like the rest of the world) am waiting for heating.

The Twiga says:

The Twiga
    Participant

This looks like just the thing I’m looking for. I want to dim a single colour (blue) led strip. Presumably I could just ignore any colour changing ability? Anybody done this?
    Rob

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.