Changes to energy monitoring?

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Hackers Changes to energy monitoring?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Grunthos 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

Is it just me or has the energy monitoring functionality changed since Tuesday?
    I’v been logging watts and watthours quite happily for months using a raspberry pi (draws some nice graphs)
    Up until Tuesday morning I was getting a datapoint every 3 mins. Since then it seems to be every 10 mins and the watthour metric has reduced by a factor of around 50! (was pulling 13,000 kWh perday, now just 250)
    I haven’t debugged the packets the pi is getting yet, but it still agrees pretty much with the android app.

Anyone else have any issues?

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

for 13,000 kWh read 13,000 Wh !

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

Changed the battery and resynched the energy monitor and it seems to have reverted to the previous behaviour.

Perhaps there’s an energy saving mode it goes into when the battery’s dying?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Grunthos

7 light switches, 3 power sockets, 2 lamp dimmers,1 monitor and a raspberry pi zero... (To the tune of 12 days of christmas!)

View all posts by

MORE CONTRIBUTIONS BY Grunthos