Cannot get timers to work

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Carl Goss 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
     Carl Goss says:

Carl Goss
    Participant

The web app shows I have timers, and I have checked they are set up correctly, but they just don’t work.
    Has anyone any experience of getting timers working please? It’s driving me nuts! Thanks

Jules says:

Jules
    Participant

Difficult to pinpoint the issue without seeing the timer setup.

In the LightwaveRF WebApp, the first page after clicking ‘Timers’ in the left-hand menu, lists your timers. Next to the name of the timer is a little slide button which pauses/starts the event. Make sure your timers aren’t paused, by checking the button is on the right-hand, green, end.

Can you turn on/off the device in the Rooms section of the WebApp OK?

Have you tried deleting the timer and recreating?

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
      Home automation: 1 x LW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 4 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x LW830 In-line Relay 3000W / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
       Carl Goss says:

Carl Goss
      Participant

Thanks for that Jules. Yes all the sliders appear OK and the timers all seem to make sense, but I have just noticed that in the web app in the room concerned there are no devices mentioned. Yet on the ios app the devices are there and work from the phone through the link. What am I doing wrong!?

Jules says:

Jules
      Participant

Hmm..

1) Open the iOS app and bring up the main menu. Use the ‘Logout’ option to logout and then log back in again.

2) Open the main menu and click on ‘Settings’. Scroll down and click ‘Lightwave Link Settings’. Under the ‘Timers’ heading it should say how many timers are stored on your phone/tablet. Click the ‘Recreate’ button and choose ‘Yes’.

If after doing those two steps, things still don’t work, hopefully someone with more experience of LightwaveRF will post a reply.

Home automation: 1 x LW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 4 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x LW830 In-line Relay 3000W / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
         Carl Goss says:

Carl Goss
        Participant

Jules. I have had one thought. The device is a 3 way relay. I have the timers set to devices as ‘on/off ‘.. which work locally. Should they be ‘open/stop/close’ devices do you think? As they are relays?

Jules says:

Jules
        Participant

No, as I understand it, with the LW825 3-Way Relay each of the three channels should be linked as separate on/off devices.

Colw1 says:

Colw1
          Participant

Hi I seem to have exactly the same problem my system was working fine the when I changed the timer for a later time because the clocks changed this is when it all went wrong
          Firstly I have two sets of outside light one set is on a dimmer switch and the other on are relay switch the dimmer ones seem to function fine but the relay ones don’t function correctly
          The symptoms are the lights come on at the correct time but never turn off at the correct time I’m having to turn them off manually. I have tried deleting the timers for on and off and reloaded them with no joy I’ve turned the main power off to the relay and again reset the timer but again still the same, everything functions normally on the the manual switching mode
          Someone please help as there is no logic to this and to be quite honest this not the first time I’ve had problems with the timers with this app come on Lightwaverf you are letting yourselves down as this should be very easy to do not a brain ache

Carl Goss says:

Carl Goss
          Participant

Thanks for your thoughts Colw1. Thats 3 of us asking Lightwaverf for their help with these timmers then!
          I find the cross platform business IOS app, then the web app, then the local operation via the link unit, then the local remotes all the differences, and how altering one affects the other, all quite confusing.
          Keep your fingers crossed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.