Can you pair LW400 with LW830

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Can you pair LW400 with LW830

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  don63 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     don63 says:

don63
    Participant

Is it possible to pair the single gang lightswitch (LW400) with a relay (LW830)?

I believe the answer is no, but please correct me if I’m wrong?

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

You are correct; the answer is no.

Pairing involves making the connection from a controller (remote, wifi link, wirefree switch (LW201), PIR etc) to an action device (dimmer, switch, relay etc).

It sounds like you want to use the 400 dimmer as normal but to get it to also operate a relay when turned on. You can’t do this as the 400 dimmer only receives commands. What you may be able to do is to pair another controller to both the 400 dimmer and the relay.

don63 says:

don63
    Participant

I have an existing light switch that controls the outdoor lights. From the same switch I want to be able operate another set of lights that have no direct connection back to the current switch. So my thought had been to add a relay to the other set of lights and use a two gang LW400 to control both circuits.

I guess my other option is to replace the existing switch with a relay (LW830) and then use the wireless two gang switch (LW221) to control both relays.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.