Can someone help me with the LightwaveRF spacers?

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Can someone help me with the LightwaveRF spacers?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  markk 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     Lee says:

Lee
    Participant

My house mainly has 25mm backboxes in stone walls, which I really don’t want to take out and cut out the way to fit 35mm backboxes if I can help it.

Will the official LightwaveRF spacers work by allowing the dimmers the extra space to be fit inside a 25mm backbox easily?

WOuld like to hear some used experience before I go ahead and order some.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I have one dimmer using a spacer in a 16mm backbox (temporarily), it is about 1mm short from being perfectly flush – so i don’t see an issue using 25mm with a spacer at all..

Lee says:

Lee
    Participant

Well that sounds comforting. I’m amazed to hear you’ve got a LW dimmer inside a 16mm backbox! Any chance you can post a photo of how it looks from the outside?

I think I’m happy to go ahead and order some spacers then. This is good, as my last attempt at taking the backbox out to replace a 35mm one resulted in all the plaster cracking, and the wall being left in a real state.

If this will let me leave them inplace, and just insert the spacer to match, then great. I like the way they wrap around the switches themself. I might ge some more to just fit to the others to make them all look the same.

I hear they hide the nasty clear plastic edging you see.

markk says:

markk
    Participant

How much are the LWRF spacers? I’ve used one of these in a 16mm light switch back box without issue: https://cpc.farnell.com/bg/817/pattress-box-1g-10mm-spacer/dp/PL08924?mckv=sHEBOKb9c_dt%7Cpcrid%7C224681503328%7Ckword%7C%7Cmatch%7C%7Cplid%7C%7Cslid%7C%7Cproduct%7CPL08924%7Cpgrid%7C47203068935%7Cptaid%7Cpla-369072015293%7C&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&gclid=CjwKCAiAiuTfBRAaEiwA4itUqHnENRYOnZ1hG-yhAYG58i2FfUd_bkBbpVBCKKkxWDJ1RK2gdwDW8BoCYPsQAvD_BwE

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on raspberry pi3. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating and cooling.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.