Can I use a wireless light switch to control double sockets?

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Can I use a wireles…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Can I use a wireless light switch to control double sockets?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Node Zero 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
     valve90210 says:

valve90210
    Participant

Hi

Just a very quick question regarding lightwaverf kit, can I use the stick on wall switches which are normally used for lighting, to operate the plug sockets (not plug in modules)? If not, what switches can I use?

I know they have switches on the sockets but if I want to control them remotely, can I use one of the wall switches?

Basically, the issue is that I have two sets of under-cabinet lights in my kitchen both of which are plugged into plug sockets at present, to turn them on I have to switch them both on at the plug, what I would like to be able to do is mount one of the wireless switches on the wall by the door so I can turn these lights on in the same way as I can turn on the main light in there. with a single click in a convenient location.

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Yes, sockets (and also plugins) can be controlled by any remote, be it a wireless switch or handheld remote, pir, door switch etc.

valve90210 says:

valve90210
    Participant

Excellent, will make life a little easier.

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

I have a wireless switch by the front door (inside) that basically turns EVERYTHING off :)

pt44 says:

pt44
    Participant

Grunthos – that’s interesting as I’m trying to do something similar. But I’m also confused by it too. Reason is this. So far as I understand the linking process, you can link 1 switch to one or more controllers (be it plugin, light, socket etc.). So to have one master switch turn everything off – how do you link that one switch.

Reason being – surely the sockets, lights etc. are surely already linked to other switches, that are used for normal usage of turning them on and off.

Does that make sense?

I’m asking, because I have two bedside lights. Two switches, one is a Scene Selector one. So I’m attempting to get the Scene selector to turn off both lamps, but the other single switch just to turn off one lamp.

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

. So far as I understand the linking process, you can link 1 switch to one or more controllers (be it plugin, light, socket etc.)

No sir, a LWRF device (plug in, dimmer, relay, socket etc) can learn commands from a maximum of 6 different remotes. The only exception are the basic plug in adaptors which have 3 controller limit.
    So Grunthos’ switch by the door is just one of them
    HTH

pt44 says:

pt44
    Participant

No sir, a LWRF device (plug in, dimmer, relay, socket etc) can learn commands from a maximum of 6 different remotes. The only exception are the basic plug in adaptors which have 3 controller limit.
    HTH
    [/quote]

These are 3x simple remotes (using 2 of them – I have the 6x type as well in the house).

So, interesting. Therefore, 1 remote can take commands from 2x (3x) switches.

I wonder if the Scene Selector – as noted in another thread can therefore assign All Off – to switch two lamps off (via socket adaptors).

Problem might come with the On switch. As when I press On, I only want one of the two lamps (bedside) to come on. Not both. When I press Off, my bedside goes off, not my partners. But All Off – both go off.

Nothing like complex.

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

How come you never opted for a 2 gang wireless switch?

pt44 says:

pt44
    Participant

I have a 2 gang switch one side of the bed. To control just one lamp. But the other side (my side) I thought I could use a Scene Selector – so that I could turn off both lamps from my side. Plus, potentially in the future turn off all the lights in the house from my side – All Off.

That would be my ideal

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Hang on…. Are you using the basic plug in adaptors for the bedside lamps?

pt44 says:

pt44
    Participant

Hang on…. Are you using the basic plug in adaptors for the bedside lamps?

Yes. The simple white one’s.

I do have the other type in the house. But for these lamps, I figured the simple on/off would suffice.

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Ok, another limitation of the basic adaptors is that they can not learn moods, otherwise you could use your scene selector for-
    Mood 1 Just Yours
    Mood 2 Just Hers
    Mood 3 Both (and the main room light if that’s included in your system)
    All Off All off

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.