Can I control LightwaveRF heating through Google Assistant?

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Can I control LightwaveRF heating through Google Assistant?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny T 2 hours, 49 minutes ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
     Johnny T says:

Johnny T
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’ve recently bought an android smart phone (I’ve always had Apple) and I’ve discovered that the Google Assistant can control your lightwaveRF devices by just saying “OK Google, turn on bedroom lights” etc.

I have a LightwaveRF boiler switch and, for some reason, this isn’t picked up by the Google Assistant setup? It picks up all my sockets and lights but not the boiler switch?

Does anyone know why? Or how I can get the boiler switch to work?

Thanks for any help you can give me :)

Jules says:

Jules
    Participant

As I understand it, the Boiler Switch LW920 is controlled remotely via the Home Thermostat LW921, so it’s the Home Thermostat that would need to be picked up by the Google Assistant.

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
      Home automation: 1 x LW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 4 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x LW830 In-line Relay 3000W / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
       Johnny T says:

Johnny T
      Participant

Hi Jules

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry, for the confusion, I have got the Home Thermostat as well.

It’s not picked up by Google Assistant either?

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help :)

Jules says:

Jules
      Participant

Google Home is powered by Google Assistant, and I’ve read that with Google Home you can’t yet control LightwaveRF heating devices, moods and events, so perhaps it’s a current limitation of the Assistant.

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
        Home automation: 1 x LW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 4 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x LW830 In-line Relay 3000W / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
         Johnny T says:

Johnny T
        Participant

Ahhhhh….. ok. I thought that could be it as the switches and sockets set themselves up without any problems.

It’s just the lightwave website mentions controlling the heating when it talks about Google but that’s probably just a mistake on their part.

Thanks for letting me know :)

marmite says:

marmite
        Participant

Look at IFTTT – that says it integrates with LWRF heating.
        It links to my LWRF bits.
        And google assistant.

So that’d do what you want, probably

Johnny T says:

Johnny T
        Participant

Will have a look into that. Thanks for the tip :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.