B&Q Reduces its Siemans Lightwave rf products

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Special Offers > B&Q Reduces its…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Special Offers B&Q Reduces its Siemans Lightwave rf products

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Phil_W 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
     kjc2401 says:

kjc2401
    Participant

B&Q Hedge End has reduced its price of lightwave rf stocks up to half price all the product now to clear grab it while you can

Sot996 says:

Sot996
    Participant

Also some offers on line also checked my local store meir Park some items on offer but not all

Bobby Dazzler says:

Bobby Dazzler
    Participant

Thanks for the tip off. Just ordered a few bits.

durosity says:

durosity
    Participant

I was in my local B&Q the other day.. the staff member i spoke to was pretty sure they would be getting any more in as ‘it’s unreliable crap’. Shame really.. but i’m not surprised.. most of the boxes there are horribly dusty and don’t look like great sellers

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

Always been dusty in my local B&Q. Unreliable no. B&Q’s stock now though is old stuff and now superseded by the 400 series. Am just waiting for B&Q to reduce prices further – and on a Wednesday of course!

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

The same in my local B&Q, very dusty, but I suppose it’s simply due to the fact they sell a lot more bags of plaster than they do iphone controlled light switches.
    On the reliability note, I once opened over 10 boxes of remote sockets at the CS desk before I found a set that functioned. Since discovered that the batteries are in circuit when shipped and therefore suffer drain but still have enough zap to light the blue led on the handset.
    Wish they’d put the double sockets in the promo.

durosity says:

durosity
    Participant

Don’t get me wrong, personally I’ve never had any lwrf kit fail on me, I’m just mentioning what the staff guy thought was happening. And yeah the store is very dusty, but I know whenever Ive been in the store it’s the same stock sitting there purely as half the boxes are ripped and damaged. That said it could be corporate are just clearing the old stock so they can bring in items with the new packaging. Either way let’s make hay while the sun shines and get as much cheap kit as possible!!

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

I think its about 2.5 years I have been using LWRF and in all that time the gear in B&Q has always been dusty. In fact a lot of stuff in my local B&Q is dusty . This seems to be prevalent in other stores. Hardly good management. Despite the possibility of B&Q reducing prices to off load the stock (I do not think they will be a designated stockist in the future) I would not buy the sockets or light switches from them as the later versions, 400 series, are much better. The plugs in and remotes though I keep an eye on in case of a sudden reduction.

Daverudds says:

Daverudds
    Participant

I bought some 2 gang plug sockets from sowton Exeter and they refused to give it at the reduced price. They checked the internet and said they don’t have 2 gang plugs on there… I said you have probably sold out he said no they are just no on offer… Guy was a right tw*t

daz003 says:

daz003
    Participant

DIY.com are selling the standard plug in remote switches for £23 – that’s £14 down from the original price….

Not sure how long this will last, so wizz round there when you get the chance I’d say…

Phil_W says:

Phil_W
    Participant

Note that my local B&Q had the old JSJSLW900 radiator valves and JSJSLW901 Thermostats in boxes marked New. Wonder how long they’ve been sat in a warehouse…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.