Boiler switch & thermostat to control heating and Underfloor heating at the same

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Boiler switch & thermostat to control heating and Underfloor heating at the same

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Allbuyer 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     Allbuyer says:

Allbuyer
    Participant

I currently have a Gen1 boiler switch and thermostat that takes care of the central heating. I have just installed underfloor heating and would like to know can i purchase an additional boiler switch that will switch on the UFH at the same time as the central heating? The wet UFH heating consists of a pump and motorised valve. Thanks.

mrashton says:

mrashton
    Participant

How is the UFH controlled today? Does it have an independent Thermostat? Does it have the ability to call for heat at the boiler independently of the boiler?

You can’t connect a second Boiler Switch to the existing CH Thermostat as those 2 devices have a 1 to 1 relationship.

The Boiler Switch is just a controlled on and off relay so you could install just a boiler switch and set ON and OFF schedules in the App to match the CH on and off schedules.

Just trying to get a picture of the configuration to advise the best way to control it.

Allbuyer says:

Allbuyer
    Participant

It is controlled by the pump that is plugged into a Lightwave mains socket at the moment. The motorised valve opens when the pump is running. I’ll be connecting a wired thermostat to both of these so once the room reaches temperature it gets turned off even if the central heating is still on.

It looks like i need IFTTT to trigger the mains socket on and off when the central heating comes on. How difficult is it to create a IFTTT app?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.