Blue light on LightwaveRF Wifi Link

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Blue light on LightwaveRF Wifi Link

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AndreWilley 4 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
     dfensom says:

dfensom
    Participant

Hi there.

I was just wondering if there was any way to turn off the blue light on the front of the LRF Wifi unit?

I have got it on my office desk, but don’t really want to stick black tape over it. I just find it a bit too bright sometimes!

Thanks,

David

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

You could always put it somewhere else?!

Sot996 says:

Sot996
    Participant

Hi If you go into the menu on the link and find eco mode switch to on the blue light goes off on the front of unit

dfensom says:

dfensom
    Participant

Thanks for the constructive responce @rhlangdon :-)

I have to have it where it is, due to three reasons.

1) It’s the centre of the house – with good coverage throughout.
    2) It’s near a power point
    3) It’s near a network point

David

dfensom says:

dfensom
    Participant

Hi If you go into the menu on the link and find eco mode switch to on the blue light goes off on the front of unit

Thanks for the tip.

Is this all the ‘eco’ mode does? It doesn’t reduce the coverage of the wirless signal does it ?  I wouldn’t want that…

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

Now I never thought of that solution. I thought the Eco mode simply  dimmed the display! As for position, I understand. There are some occasions where you are stuck with where to put things. An alternative perhaps could be under the desk. I have a PSU with a noisy fan that I did that with and it made all the difference.

AndreWilley says:

AndreWilley
    Participant

Eco mode just dims the front panel lights I think.

I find it really useful because the blue LED still flashes if connection to the server is lost, so it’s a lot more noticeable when  this happens (which is sadly quite often, even though my network connection itself is very stable).

Andre

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT dfensom

I work in the IT sector of a large cosmetic company. Very interesred in any kind of home automation, so loving the lightwaverf system. I am a self confessed 'gadget geek', so I am in 'gadget heaven' :-)

View all posts by