Best LED downlights for Lightwave use?

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Best LED downlights…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Best LED downlights for Lightwave use?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Paco Loco 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     Paco Loco says:

Paco Loco
    Participant

I am having serious trouble finding good quality LED downlights which are fully compatible with Lightwave 400 series dimmers (in the UK).

I have seen some compatibility articles/guides but they seem to be quite old and the models listed are either old or no longer available.

Can anyone recommend the best LED downlights to use?

Paco Loco says:

Paco Loco
    Participant

No replies on this so thought I might as well post my own findings here, hopefully they will help someone.

I bought some of these units from Bell Lighting (model no. 08187):
    http://www.belllighting.co.uk/assets/img/products/08187_spec.pdf
    Nice lights but they don’t work with Lightwave dimmers. They switch on and off fine but only dim by about 10% maximum (i,.e. hardly at all).

I emailed JCC Lighting to enquire about a couple of their products, and one of their technical team replied and said “Lightwave will work fine with the hybrid9s and fgled10″.
    I will report back here when I have purchased and tested one of these models.

Paco Loco says:

Paco Loco
    Participant

Some more info. I contacted Collingwood Lighting about their H2 Lite T product and got this response from their technical department:

“I have tested LightwaveRF LW400 and LW430 with H2 Lite as requested.
    The dimmers are compatible with tested products, but minimum brightness is limited to around 30%. Maximum recommended number of units is 9 for 210W and 10 for 250W version.”

Paco Loco says:

Paco Loco
    Participant

Had a reply from Aurora/Enlite Lighting technical team: they have not tested any of their lights with the Lightwave dimmers and so cannot confirm if they will work or not.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.