Best LED Bulbs to use with Lightwave RF.

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Best LED Bulbs to use with Lightwave RF.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  barnes_whey 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     Brainz357 says:

Brainz357
    Participant

So, I’ve just moved into a new house and looking to change all the current Gu10 bulbs as I install my Lightwave switches.

I think we can all agree the best bulbs are megaman, however looking at the most recent compatibility sheet, it doesn’t really help, all the GU10′s that are compatible seem to be out of stock and end of line and the new ones appear to not be tested yet. So here is my question. This one seems to be decent.

240v 5.5w LED GU10 Dimmable 100-5% 500 Lumens Warmwhite (2800K) 35° – Megaman 141724

Has anyone used these? or indeed can recommend any LED bulbs that work seamlessly – Ideally Dimmable.

Cheers

Mark

barnes_whey says:

barnes_whey
    Participant

Hi Mark,

I have just had my house rewired and installed a few LW 400 series dimmers. My eletrician swears by megaman bulbs and suggested the 240v 5.5w LED GU10 Dimmable 100-5% 500 Lumens Warmwhite (2800K) 35° – Megaman 141724 same as you have mentioned.

these bulbs have really nice colour and fade out nicely when you turn them off when connected to standard on/off light switch however I am currently having a few issues with these bulbs when connected to LW dimmers.

1. slight buzz / hum when on – slight increase in noise near 50% and gets better at full brightness and lowest brightness.
    2 . when setting minimum dimming level. Although seemed to dim to lowest setting on circuits of 4 and 6 gu10 bulbs in aurora downlights, now noticing flicker and had to increase dimming minimum up to closer to 30-40% rather than 10%

Currently looking into alternative bulbs with no buzz and more reliable dimming with no flicker on medium sized circuit.
    research suggests – Aurora Enlite 5W = 50W+ GU10 LED Product-code: EN-DGU005 dimmables but have not tested

Have got Philips 5.4W = 50W GU10 LED Dimmable Product-code: 929001138902 – turning up this afternoon to test but have a feeling these won’t work. Will let you know what I find

Regards

Sam

Brainz357 says:

Brainz357
    Participant

Hi Sam. Thanks for the earlier post. I’ve held off buying at the mo just to see if I can gather any more information. How did you get on with the Phillips bulbs?

Regards

Mark

barnes_whey says:

barnes_whey
    Participant

Hi Mark,

Tried the Phillips bulbs and they seemed to be worse. I have since tried the Aurora 5W dimmables and have had mixed success. Buzzing is better, but not completely gone, unless you are sitting under it you would not notice it as much as the Megamans.

I am planning on testing my 6 fitting circuit with all Aurora bulbs to see if that solves it on larger circuits too.
    Only trouble is they don’t dim fully (same level as the Megamans 20% approx) and they don’t have the soft shutoff which I do like as a feature of the Megaman bulbs.

Will try and post results tomorrow.

Sam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.