Are the LWRF Radiator Valves any good?

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Are the LWRF Radiator Valves any good?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nevetsecirp 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     Johnny T says:

Johnny T
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’ve just had a new boiler fitted so thought I’d take the plunge and get a Lightwave boiler switch and thermostat.

I’m also considering going a step further and starting to replace all my radiator valves with Lightwave ones. However, after reading some of the reviews on Amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/LightwaveRF-JSJSLW922-Radiator-Valve/product-reviews/B00KZ5T9N4) they appear to be woeful!!!

I did note, however, that some of the reviews were quite old and I wondered if Lightwave had addressed and cured these issues now (things like the noise of the valve opening / shutting waking people up, the valve losing it’s settings, not being able to turn the valve on/off easily, boost button permanently locking the valve open so you have to remove batteries to close it, batteries only lasting a month on average). ??

Can anyone who’s bought these recently let me know whether they are worth the investment or not and whether these issues still plague them?

I don’t want to shell out all that cash for something that is going to be a right pain in the buttocks!

Thanks for any help/guidance you can give me.

Cheers

John :-)

dgilbert2 says:

dgilbert2
    Participant

I bought some a couple of months ago and very pleased them. BUT, I do not use in bedrooms as they are too noisy.

Johnny T says:

Johnny T
    Participant

Thanks for the reply dgilbert. Apologies for my late reply, for some reason the “notify me” doesn’t work on this forum (or maybe my email is interpreting them as spam). Appreciate your opinion on them though. Thanks :-)

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

I have 12 LWRF TRVs and generally I am happy with them, you get used to some noise and now they have launched the call for heat in the web app they are even more appealing. Reference the noise I read on the lwrf facebook page the other day they had amended the software in the TRV’s to reduce the noise and they were offering to update the software if I sent them in which I will do when I stop using the heating this year. I also think this will help with battery usage as I believe it doesnt do the full daily calibration

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.