App now not working on Android (You do not currently have network connectivity)

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > App now not working… > Page 2

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting App now not working on Android (You do not currently have network connectivity)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny T 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
     Johnny T says:

Johnny T
    Participant

£113 !! Wow! Don’t think I’d even have looked at lightwave if it was anywhere near that kind of price!

leeboy says:

leeboy
    Participant

Same issue, web client still works

Automation says:

Automation
    Participant

It would seem the major fault has been cleared, 3 of my android devices are back working. However the one I tried a reinstall on, which failed, now reports my phone is not compatible with this app. The device is a Acer Tablet B1-750 running 4.4.4, so on that device I am forced to use a get around.

It would have been nice if LightwaveRF had put a announcement on this forum?
    Or had replied to my ticket?
    Or sent emails to their customers?

Johnny T says:

Johnny T
    Participant

Yep, this hasn’t been handled well at all :-(

I just hope lessons have been learned!!

Automation says:

Automation
    Participant

I am now told by the help desk that if my Tablet is not compatible with their NEW app then so be it.
    I thought the app was suitable for 4.1 upwards, it was anyway before the 29th.
    It was they advised me to re install the app.
    This is very poor customer support.
    My other, the original ticket about the lack of connectivity, has been closed without any reference to me.
    I was awaiting a reply.
    I assume this allows the helpdesk to report that they closed a lot of tickets.
    This is very poor customer support.
    This all does not look good for version 2!!

Automation says:

Automation
    Participant

In addition to the previous post about my Acer 4B1-750 (4.4.4) not able to install the app (3.1.9) from Play Store. My Samsung Galaxy Tablet SM-T280 (5.1.1) reports the already installed and working 3.1.9 as NON compatible. Whereas neither of my Samsung Phone seem to have any problems. Is it a problem with permissions that Tablets can not give?

leeboy says:

leeboy
    Participant

Working again, no changes on my end other than a restart earlier (unrelated)

smot says:

smot
    Participant

The Deta app doesn’t work for me – it crashes as I try to register. :-(

Johnny T says:

Johnny T
    Participant

I must admit I’ve gone back to the ‘official’ app now that it’s back up and running again. Although the Deta app worked for me the last time I tried it?

iainbalmer says:

iainbalmer
    Participant

I had this issue, and it suddenly started working again when someone put some money in the meter. Now I’ve got the same issue again, over the weekend it just stops working.

Unfortunate timing as I was about to press the button on buying new Lightwaverf Gen2 kit. But if they can’t keep the online services running, what’s the point.

Iain

Johnny T says:

Johnny T
    Participant

Yep, I’m the same mate. I’m looking at alternatives now rather than go to Gen 2. I think Lightwave have run their course unfortunately :-(

leeboy says:

leeboy
    Participant

thought i’d share my experience further. basicallt the android mobile app is trash as has only ever provided patchy connectivity and wont save pasword. I have however set th web app to the home page on my phone (which saves password), its worked flawlessly ever since.

Johnny T says:

Johnny T
    Participant

That’s a great idea with the Web page. I’ve just done that myself. Thanks :)

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.